Premium and Local Produce for Retail Distribution
Retail is Our Roots
Ole Tyme Produce was birthed in retail and remained solely in this space for 10 years prior to the addition of wholesale business. Having been in retail for such an extensive time, we have a deep understanding of the cost of doing business for these customers, as well as the challenges and requirements they face in labor, inventory, safety, and compliance. Present day retail partners are facing even greater risks and likely carry concern for who is backing into their docks/locations. This is why having a partner you can trust is imperative. We also understand that retail product needs to be exceptional in appearance, i.e. it needs to look good! Our current retail business is comprised of custom partnerships, including many smaller retailers local to this community, with the capacity for endless possibilities in the future.
- A St. Louis company since 1973, family-owned and operated.
- Customers are welcome to visit and tour our facility anytime.
- On-site Training and Conference Room (with full kitchen) available for customer use.
- Locally-grown produce and products including Cahokia Rice, Baetje Cheese, Companion Bakery, Stuckmeyer Farm, Rendleman Orchards, Kern Meat Co., Buzy Beez Honey, Dubuque Coffee, Two Men and a Garden, Imo’s Brand, Living Waters, Marcoot Jersey Creamery, and Mushrooms Naturally.
- Customized quantities to meet client’s individual business needs.
- Premium Produce and Grocery Brands including Driscolls, Dole, D’Arrigo Brothers, Taylor Farms, Rainier, Basciani Foods, Sunkist, Prairie Farms, Natalies’ Juices, Oatly, Califia, YoBul! Bulgarian Yogurt, Bob’s Red Mill, Made Good, Caputo, Bragg’s, and Sogno Toscano.
- Convenient ordering options: online, phone, or email.
- Expert sales team dedicated to maintaining great personal service.
- Resources including weekly market reports, product alerts, and new promotions, order guides, and velocity reports.
- Live, on-site Customer Service in direct communication with our customers, our buyers, our warehouse crew, and our delivery drivers.
- Customized delivery schedule to meet client’s individual business needs.
- ELD monitoring to track deliveries and alert customers to any unexpected schedule changes.
- Annual, third-party food safety audits and SQF (Safe Quality Food Level 2) through NSF Certification LLC, the gold standard in auditing and verification, requiring daily verification and documentation. Ole Tyme Produce has received consecutive excellent scores.
- Product tracking from the field to the customer (for product recall alerts when needed).
A state-of-the-art facility designed to keep food safe through:
- Constant digital monitoring of temperatures within a tenth of a degree.
- Refrigerated trucks and sealed shipping docks maintain the cold chain, ensuring safe products and preserving their shelf life.
- Biometric access control.
- Combining the personal service and community connection of a local distributor with the product availability and pricing of a national operator.
- Green Business Bureau Certified.
- Woman Owned Business Certified.
How We Serve in Retail
With over five decades of experience in the retail space, Ole Tyme Produce offers customized and exceptional service for each of our retail partners. Customized quantities, convenient ordering, and resources such as weekly market reports and product alerts are only a few of the ways in which we are working to best serve this industry. See our retail sell sheet for additional information.